A Texas woman who said she has been treated for food poisoning after eating a dog food product she says tastes like dog food is suing the company she says was negligent.
In a lawsuit filed Thursday in Texas District Court in Houston, Jane Davis, 63, said she became sick when she ate dog food at the A&am’s chain restaurant in Texarkana, Tex., on Feb. 14, 2017.
The lawsuit alleges the food was a dog formula made from corn meal and water, which is a food ingredient commonly used in dog foods.
Davis said she began experiencing symptoms when she was about six months old, including a burning sensation in her mouth, nausea, diarrhea and weight loss.
She said she also experienced severe muscle pain.
In July 2017, Davis said she and her husband had to take a second trip to the hospital, where doctors found that the symptoms had returned.
She later underwent surgery to remove her thyroid and liver, which she said caused her to lose weight.
Davis, who is also a nursing assistant, said in the lawsuit that she received no compensation for the food, and the restaurant never responded to her calls or emails.